The third month the challenge was all about action, we wanted to see some of that in your face flair. Think big moves, big sprays. Those moments that capture the action when it’s peaking. Selecting a winner was no easy feat. In the end, the editorial team settled on an image that struck us right from the word go. It was the perfectly timed frame below, from Jono Greenway which had all the elements including great colour and photographic skill to make it a deserving action winner.
Septembers competition was ‘Empty Perfection’. It could have been anything from a beautifully lit pulled back lineup to an unridden barreling water shot. September saw the most entries for a single month so far in the competition making for one distracted photo editor her in the Zag cave. Coming out top dawg and with some serious street cred to through down in the shooters club was Darren Simes, with the beautifully crisp corker you see below. Just go on, and feast your eyes on these unridden gems.
For this next month, we are mixing it up. We present the Lifestyle challenge. Time to get creative, think outside the fin box (see what we did there). We want those shots that epitomize surf travel, strike missions and late night beach sessions. Go behind the scenes of surfing culture and give us your best captured moments that show surfing for what it is, a journey.
Easy playa, don’t grab your lens just yet, here are a couple things you need to know before submitting your entry:
- You may only submit 3 x photos per person
- Photos must be surf related
- Photos must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email: Shot Bru Challenge – Lifestyle
- Images need to be resized to 1500 pixels wide
- The image can be no older than a year
- Photos must not have been published in Zigzag before
- Include your name in the file name
- Entries must be submitted by the 15th of each month
- Competition only open for South Africans