Simo Mkhize shredding at the recent Sisonke Surf Club Development Champs.
In the early hours of this morning the storeroom in which all the boards, wetsuits and rashvests were kept, was burned to the ground at Trafalgar Beach in what is suspected to be arson.
“The boys got there at around 7:00am after the fire was put out and waited for the police to come so that they can open up a case and investigate what actually happened,” said Alvin Mtatshi. “They reckoned that you could smell petrol very strongly, so the fire was most probably started by petrol. The community has been really helpful over there.”
The frothing members of Trafalgar Surf Club now have no equipment to continue doing what they love most, so donations of old wetsuits and boards will go a long way to restoring stoke down the KZN South Coast.
Contact person for donations of surfboards & wetsuits:
Cindy Kay – 084 585 5370
Bank details for financial contributions:
The Genesis Trust
Nedbank Current Account
Branch code 198765
Account number: 1397063130
Reference: Philani Sikobi Surf school
The burnt out locker.